New Commissioner Checklist
There are many important steps to complete before you can become a city commissioner. We realize that this is a lot, so we have created a checklist to make it easier to keep track of the tasks.
- Read the Roseville Commission Handbook
- Fill out the Commission Authorizations Form (Fill out after reviewing handbook)
- Fill out the Disclosure of Financial Interests Form Form Center
- Fill out and sign your Tennessen Form
- Complete the online portion of your background check (Instructions below)
- Watch the Open Meeting Law video Minnesota Open Meeting Law Training Video - YouTube
- Attend the online orientation
- Attend the yearly Ethics Training or watch the video (First-Time Commissioners Only)
Please note: A “wet” signature is required for your Tennessen, an electronic signature is not valid.
Contact Rachel Boggs at Rachel.Boggs@cityofroseville.com or 651-792-7028 with any questions.
Background Check Instructions:
To complete your background check, please follow the steps below:
- Log on https://secureapplicant.com/student/city-of-roseville-emp-aka/
- Click Apply Now.
- Select Volunteer.
- Read the consent notice and click Continue.
- Read the disclosure and acknowledgement.
- Enter the required personal information.
- Click I Agree and Continue (Note: Check and/or print available additional resources on the bottom of the page prior to clicking on Continue).
- Review the notice of intent and scope of background check.
- Enter your information to acknowledge the background check.
- Click I agree and Continue.
- Enter your personal information (e.g., name, address, DOB, SSN, alternative names).
- Select City of Roseville under Location you would like to apply at.
- Click Continue.
- In the pop-up screen, review your personal information.
- If everything is accurate, click Continue. If you need to make corrections, click Close to make the correction(s) and click Continue.
- You have successfully initiated the background check.