Hydrant Meter Rentals
Water Hydrant meters are available for rental use between May 1 and November 1. The deposit amount ranges from $800 to $6,000, depending on meter size. The monthly rental fee is $100; the first payment is due with the deposit. Once the meter is returned, remaining rental fees, water usage, and sales tax will be deducted from the deposit. An additional $180 fee will also be deducted if the hydrant wrench is not returned.
To rent a hydrant meter, please click Book Now below. The appointment calendar website only accepts credit card payments. If you are not able to pay by credit card, call us at 651-792-7004 to schedule your pickup appointment and pay with cash or check at the time of service.
Powered by Appointment-Plus
Meters and wrenches must be returned by the end of the year in which they were checked out.
The following fees, terms and conditions shall apply:
- Contractor shall be responsible for said meter and damages thereto, considering normal use.
- Contractor shall be responsible for payment of all fees accumulated including, but not limited to, the monthly rental fee and water usage charges, until the meter is returned to the City and the rental agreement is terminated.
- Contractor is responsible for supplying and using an airgap or certified backflow prevention device at all times to prevent cross connection.
- The meter shall be returned to the City promptly upon completion of the work for which it is utilized; however, the meter must be returned by December 30 of the year it was rented or additional fees will occur.
- If the meter is lost, stolen, or otherwise not returned, the Contractor shall be responsible for the cost of the lost/stolen equipment plus the monthly rental fee and estimated usage of 1,000 gallons per day accumulated until the City is notified and rental agreement is terminated.
- Contractor agrees that the rates and fees in effect at the time of the meter return shall be used to calculate the amount due from water consumption. The hydrant meter deposit for this meter will cashed and held until the meter is returned. Upon return, all applicable rates and fees per the City fee schedule will be calculated and deducted from the deposit; the difference will be returned or billed to Contractor. By renting a hydrant meter, Contractor confirms that the Contractor has read, understands, and agrees to the terms and conditions set forth above.