Install a carbon monoxide detector. It could save your life, and it’s the law. All homes in Minnesota must have CO detectors.
Homeowners who do not have a CO detector could face liability charges if someone in their home is injured or killed by carbon monoxide poisoning or smoke inhalation.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas. This gas could build up to a toxic level if your appliances are not maintained or a chimney is blocked or not properly vented.
Daylight Saving Time begins March 9 this year. That’s a good day to remember to change the batteries on your smoke alarms and your carbon monoxide detector. Get more fire safety tips at www.cityofroseville.com/firesafety.