The holidays are over and it’s time to take down the decorations, but what do you do with the Christmas tree?
• You can’t put the tree in your regular trash, but you can arrange a special pick up with your trash hauler. Check to make sure they will take it to a compost site.
• Take your tree to the FREE Ramsey County Yard Waste Site. Locations that accept trees are 1943 Pierce Butler Route and 1150 Sims Ave. in St. Paul and 5900 Sherwood Road in White Bear Township. Collection sites are open on weekends through March from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays and 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sundays. The Arden Hills site is closed for the season. Wreaths or items that have wire are not accepted.
• Take it to the SKB Environmental disposal site at 630 Malcolm Ave. in Minneapolis (just off 280 and University Ave.) 612-331-4610. They're open during the week, and it costs $2.00 per tree.
• Rent a chipper from a home improvement store. Mulch your tree and use it in your garden or share the mulch with a fellow gardener.
• Natural Christmas trees and wreaths make a great winter shelter for birds and animals in your yard. In the spring, dispose of them at a Ramsey County Yard Waste Site for free.
Get more information at RamseyAtoZ.com or call 651-633-EASY (3279). Phone is answered 24/7.