Skating Center Banquet Room Information
Our friendly and pleasant staff will be able to assist you throughout your entire planning process and answer any questions you may have. We will gladly schedule a time to meet with groups to review our event portfolio and discuss the details of your upcoming event.
Banquet Room Manager: Lake Johnson
Phone: 651-792-7121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roseville Banquet Room Manager will be able to assist you with every step of the reservation process, from setting up a time to view the space, discussing layout plans, collecting payment and finalizing any last minute details.
Facility and room tours generally scheduled between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday. Please contact banquet room manager to schedule your visit to our facility.
Rates are for up to 5 hour time-period, additional hours are subject to hourly charge. Wedding reception/all day events are for a 12 hour time period (12pm- 12am). By law all occupants must be off the premises by 12 am.
Reservations are not final until all deposits or damage deposit amounts have been collected. Room capacity is dependent upon desired room set-up.
Olympic Room (Capacity 250-275)
(Rose Rm & Fireside Rm combined creates the Olympic Rm)
|Rates||Sunday-Friday (daytime)||Friday (evening) & Saturday||Deposit||Additional Hour|
|RV Resident: 5 Hrs||$430||$765||$200||$60 per hour|
|Non-Resident: 5 Hrs||$510||$840||$200||$60 per hour|
|RV Resident: Wedding/12 Hrs||$935||$935||$400||$60 per hour|
|Non-Resident: Wedding/12 Hrs||$1030||$1030||$400||$60 per hour|
Rose Room (Capacity 150 - 200)
|Rate||Sunday-Friday (daytime)||Friday (evening) & Saturday||Deposit||Additional Hour|
|RV Resident: 5 Hrs||$200||$440||$100-200||$40 per hour|
|Non-Resident: 5 Hrs||$260||$510||$100-200||$40 per hour|
|RV Resident: Wedding/12 Hrs||$760||$760||$200-400||$40 per hour|
|Non-Resident: Wedding/ 12 Hrs||$875||$875||$200-400||$40 per hour|
Fireside Room (Capacity 40-50)
|Rate||Sunday-Friday (daytime)||Friday (evening) & Saturday||Deposit||Additional Hrs|
|RV Resident: 5 Hrs||$130||$250||TBD||$30 per hour|
|Non-Resident: 5 Hrs||$160||$330||TBD||$30 per hour|
|RV Resident: Wedding/12 Hrs||$365||$365||$100-200||$30 per hour|
|Non-Resident: Wedding/12 Hrs||$440||$440||$100-200||$30 per hour|
Raider or Fitness Rooms (Capacity 20)
|Rate||Sunday - Thursday||Friday & Saturday|
|RV Resident: 5 Hrs||$60||$80|
|Non-Resident: 5 Hrs||$80||$95|
|Police Officer (if alcohol is being served)||$75/hour (4 hour minimum)|
|Dance Floor (18' x 21')||$150|
|Catering Fee (Food): Full Kitchen Access|
Partial Kitchen Access
|Catering Fee (Liquor)||$175|
Full kitchen access is ONLY allowed for licensed caterer only. Proof of catering license is due no later than two weeks prior to scheduled event.
General users can have partial kitchen access, which allows access to sinks, refrigerator, freezer and counter space (NO cooking onsite or use of stove, ovens or dishwasher).
Liquor is to be served by a properly licensed off-site server ONLY. Proof of liquor license and insurance is due at least two weeks prior to scheduled event.
AV Equipment Available: microphone, wireless mic, lapel mic, aux chord, projector (VGA & HDMI connectors) & screen.
***All pricing is subject to Minnesota State Sales Tax.
Roseville Skating Center
Banquet Room Usage Policies
All of us at the Roseville Skating Center & Banquet Facilities are prepared to do what it takes to make your event a success. To help with this, please carefully read this material, share it with your group and follow the rules laid out below.
By finalizing a reservation/contract at our facility, you and/or your organization agrees to adhere to the following rules and policies. Renter is defined as the individual or organization names on the facility permit or contract.
Banquet Room Rental Times
- Sunday – Thursday, 8 AM – 10 PM
- Friday – Saturday, 8 AM – midnight
- Groups requesting additional hours, must do so at least 2 weeks prior to event
- Set-up & clean-up MUST be within reservation window
- Room rental rates:
- 5 hour rates & 12 hour (all-day/wedding) rates available
- Damage deposit or 50% of total costs due at time of booking
- Remaining balances due 30 days prior to event
- Resident discounts:
- Applies to anyone who lives in Roseville or Falcon Heights at the time of booking
- Roseville residents must pay for the room rental, damage deposit, agree to facility policies and be contact person for the event
Damage deposits are due at the time of booking. Assuming all facility policies are upheld and no damage is caused, this amount may be refunded within 14 days of the event. The Facility Manager (or designee) may waive the damage deposit.
- Renters are responsible for all damages incurred during the reservation time
- Failure to abide by facility policies may result in forfeiture of partial or full damage deposit
- City may charge for actual costs for any damages caused to the facility
- Groups that are not out of the room by their reservation end time, will be charged $50.00 for every 30 minutes and/or forfeit their damage deposit
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The renter may cancel a reservation by giving written notice to the Roseville Skating Center.
- Written notice received thirty-one (31) days or more prior to the date of the event, will be eligible for a 50% refund of the deposit. Any rental cancelled 30 days or fewer prior to scheduled rental will forfeit rental fee & deposit
Facility Manager is available to answer questions and provide facility tours during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (hours may vary).
- Appointments are REQUIRED for a tour or an event walk-through
- Facility manager will make every effort to return phone calls and inquiries within one business day
- Non-profit Groups: must submit a MN tax exempt form ST-3 at booking
- Groups must assign one contact person (18+) to make all arrangements for your rental
- Reservations are only finalized once a permit has been created & deposit received
The Roseville Skating Center will not be available for rentals on special event dates; dates may Include Skating Center events, City of Roseville events or major holidays.
Groups may only use the facility that has been identified and approved on the permit.
- Reservation times MUST include set-up and clean-up
- Events MUST end on time
- Groups will be charged $50.00 for every 30-minutes they go over their reservation end time and/or may forfeit their damage deposit
- Everyone in attendance must follow Roseville Skating Center policies
- No tobacco or vapor products allowed in the Roseville Skating Center
- No animals, other than service animals, are allowed in the facility
- Groups must provide adequate adult (18+) supervision to minors during the reservation time
- Minors should stay in designated rooms at all times during your event and refrain from utilizing other areas of the facility
- Inadequate supervision may result in loss of the damage deposit
- At their discretion, staff may:
- Remove anyone in attendance who may not be following facility rules
- Order immediate removal of all alcoholic beverages from premises
- Revoke the rental contract immediately and order removal of all persons from premises
- Renter must assume full responsibility for any unlawful act(s) committed during your reservation time
- Renter cannot sublet, transfer or reassign the reservation
- Events cannot exceed the following maximum capacities due to fire safety:
- Olympic Room- 300 people
- Rose Room- 200 people
- Fireside Room- 60 people
Food and Beverage
All rental groups providing food and beverage at the Roseville Skating Center will be allowed to bring in their own food OR hire any licensed and insured caterer. Catering fees are paid by rental/user group, according to the rates set by the City.
- Full Kitchen use limited to licensed & insured caterers. Access to counter space, sinks, refrigerators, freezer, stove, ovens and dishwasher. Accommodates must be made at the time of reservation & finalized 30 days or more prior to scheduled event. Copy of catering license due at least 2 weeks prior to event
- Partial kitchen access (counter space, sinks, refrigerators and freezer- no cooking onsite), available for rentals not utilizing a caterer and/or brining in own food.
- Groups are prohibited from bringing in their own alcoholic beverages
Through rental of the catering kitchen it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the kitchen is returned to the state in which it was found.
- Partial kitchen includes: counter space, sinks, refrigerators and freezer
- Full kitchen includes: counter space, sinks, refrigerators and freezer
- ONLY licensed caterers can have full kitchen access and must provide proof of catering license to the Facility Manager at least 2-weeks prior to scheduled event
- Responsibilities of renter when using the catering kitchen include:
- Clean all appliances including (but not limited to) stove, ovens, refrigerators, freezer, tabletops and prep areas
- Sweeping and mopping of floor
- Turning off gas valve(if used)
- Removal of all items within refrigerators and freezers and all items not belonging to the Skating Center
- Disposal of any garbage in designated trash receptacles
If any of the above items are not completed by the end of the scheduled event, the renter could be subject to a loss of the damage deposit.
The City of Roseville allows liquor to be dispensed within the Roseville Skating Center under the following conditions:
- Alcoholic beverages must be served by a licensed & insured caterer in a community that physically adjoins Roseville
- Adjoining communities include: Minneapolis, St. Anthony, New Brighton, Arden Hills, Shoreview, Little Canada, Maplewood, St. Paul, Falcon Heights, Lauderdale
- Copy of the legal license and dram shop insurance MUST be provided to the Facility Manager at least 2-weeks prior to event
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in public areas. No alcohol areas included restrooms, hallways, ice arena, oval and all lounge or locker room areas
- Alcoholic beverages can be dispensed only to person’s twenty-one years of age or older that are attending the event
- An off-duty Roseville Police Officer must be hired and on-site from the time alcohol is served to when the bar closes and all alcohol is consumed or disposed of
- Renter is responsible for paying the hourly costs of the Police Officer- $75.00 per hour, minimum of 4 hours)
- Payment must be in the form of a cashier’s check, money order or cash
- Facility Manager will coordinate the off-duty police officer
- Rental group must provide specific times that alcohol will be served/consumed and provide a contact person for the officers payment
- Any deviation from the above policies will result in the forfeiture of all fees and permanent suspension from use of the Skating Center facilities and rentals
- Any violation of this policy and other Roseville, State of MN or Federal laws by the caterer may result in a cancellation of the contract with the caterer and/or may be banned from serving at the Roseville Skating Center
- Tables (60 inch round tables, 8ft and 6ft rectangular tables)
- Chairs (cloth covers, red/maroon color)
- AV Equipment (projector, screen, HDMI and VGA cords, wired microphone, wireless and lapel microphones, aux cord)- available upon request and for additional fees
- Groups welcome to bring in own AV equipment
Typical set-ups include: general banquet seating, classroom style, board room set-up, U-shape, etc. We offer customized event set-ups.
- Renters must provide Facility Manager exact set-up needs at least 1 weeks prior to event
- Finalized set-ups will be confirmed with rental group prior to event
- Staff will complete room set-up by the event start time- last minute/significant changes may not be able to be accommodated
- Third party deliveries must be scheduled during your reservation time and please notify Facility Manager of any special deliveries, as this may affect room set-up
Groups are welcome to bring in decorations, all decoration set-up and tear-down MUST be within reservation time.
- When attaching decorations:
- Use Blue Painter Tape or 3M Command Hooks for attaching to walls, tables or blinds
- Draping from ceiling is okay- group must provide own hanging hooks and removal of hooks (ladder available upon request)
- Push pins & thumbtacks are prohibited
- All tape, hooks, etc must be removed during clean up
- Groups cannot block emergency exits or doorways
- Candles must be in a non-flammable container (votive, hurricane candle, etc.)- Open pillars and candlesticks are prohibited
- Confetti, piñatas, glitter, bird seed, rice, rose petals, feathers, play dough, silly string, smoke/fog machines or similar items are NOT allowed
- Rentals must remove all decorations by the end of your reservation; items cannot be stored overnight
Music, Audio & Entertainers
Staff will monitor noise to ensure it’s at an appropriate level and not disturbing other guests using the facility.
- Music/Entertainment should be done at least 30 minutes before the event ends (to allow for clean-up)
- Entertainers/DJ’s must leave the facility when the event ends to avoid additional rental time from being charged
- Smoke/Fog machines are NOT allowed
- Group is responsible for cleaning up before leaving the facility
- All trash should be put in trash receptacles
- Recycling containers are available for recyclable items
- Group or caterer must clean-up the kitchen (see I. Kitchen Usage for specific instructions)
- Facility staff can provide groups will cleaning supplies during cleanup process
- Removal of all decorations, including tape, hooks, etc.
- Facility is not responsible for items left on site
- If spills occur during event, please notify staff
Adequate and appropriate staff will be provided to insure cleanliness, safety and customer satisfaction during your event.
- Staff on site will check in with group upon arrival
- Rooms will be unlocked and available at rental start time, no need to check-in
- Staff can generally be found down in the ice arena office (at ice level, next to the Zamboni garage)
Renter is responsible for:
- The appropriate conduct of all the group attendees, members and guests
- Any loss, breakage or damage to the rooms, equipment or other Skating Center facility property
- Any damages not covered by the event damage deposit
- Any personal injuries and/or property damage caused by yourself or your employees, officials, agents and guests
- Groups may be required to provide a certificate of insurance naming the City of Roseville as additionally insured
The Roseville Skating Center is not liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness by the users of the facility. The Skating Center is not responsible for any items that are left at the facility by you or contracted service providers.
The Olympic Room is ideal for large presentations and receptions with a capacity of 275-300. It offers a spectacular view of the world-class Guidant John Rose MN OVAL and access to a kitchen. For smaller gatherings, the Olympic Room can be divided up into the Rose Room and Fireside Room.
The banquet room manager will work with groups individually on exact set-up needs. Capacity numbers may very due to specific set-up needs and desires.
We provide 60 inch round wooden tables for general banquet seating; 8ft and 6ft rectangular tables are also available. Table and chair linens are NOT available.
How many people can fit in the banquet room? Is that standing or seated?
The Olympic Room accommodates up to 300 people; the Rose room accommodates up to 220 people; Fireside room accommodates up to 60. These capacities may be less based upon exact set-up needs.
What time do I get access to the banquet room?
Sunday-Thursday banquet rooms are available for rent between 8 am – 10 pm. Friday & Saturday, rooms are available from 8 am – 12:00 pm. All set-up and tear-down must be within reservation window; we are not able to store decorations at our facilities.
Will you provide staff or security for my event?
RSC will provide staff depending on type of event; there will always be staff on site during all reservation that can assist you with any questions or issues that arise. We do require an off duty Roseville police officer to be present during events when alcohol is being served- this is coordinated by the RSC Banquet room manager.
How do I pay for my reservation?
Payment can be submitted over the phone using a credit/debit card. You may also mail in a check or pay in person with card, check or cash.
When do I need to pay for my reservation?
A reservation is not guaranteed until a deposit of 50% of the room rental cost is received; or full deposit amount (determine by banquet manager). Reservations will not be accepted without the required deposit. The remaining balance is due no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the event.
How can I be sure to get my damage deposit back?
Follow all room rental policies.
How does the damage deposit work?
All damage deposits are to be paid at the time of reservation or due no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the event. Pending a post-event review by staff and if all of our policies are followed, full damage deposit will be refunded within 10 days of the event. You should receive it within 2-3 weeks of your event in the form of a check sent to the address on file.
Do you provide decorations?
No. You will need to provide any desired decorations for your event.
Are there any decorating restrictions?
All decorations hung on the walls must be hung with blue painters' tape or 3M Command Strips. Draping is allowed and can be hung by the ceiling tiles. Candles are allowed in our facility, but they must be in a glass container that goes higher than the flame. No confetti or loose glitter is allowed.
What size tables do you use?
We offer seating at 5-foot round tables. For banquet style events, 8 people can be seated at each table. We have 8-foot and 6-foot rectangle tables for food, gifts, etc. Cocktail tables and portable bar(s) are available upon request. Rental groups will work directly with the Banquet Manager to finalize desired room layout.
Do you provide table linens?
No. All tablecloths, chair covers, and napkins must be rented through either a caterer or a rental company.
Is there dance floor in your banquet room?
Yes. The portable, wooden, dance floor can be available upon request- additional $100.00 charge.
Can I hold my wedding ceremony at your facility?
Yes. Depending on # in attendance, you may rent out another banquet room to hold your ceremony in or utilize the Olympic room for both the ceremony and reception. You may also choose to have your guests sit at the tables that are set for the reception. We are not able to do room turnovers to accommodate both the ceremony and the reception in the same room.
Is there a kitchen I can use?
The Rose and Olympic rooms have one kitchen attached. In order to have FULL access to the kitchen, you must have a caterer that is currently licensed in the State of Minnesota. There is an additional fee to use the kitchen. Without kitchen access, we are not able to provide means of heating, refrigerating, or storing food.
Can I bring in my own food?
Guests who have rented a banquet room may bring in their own food for their event or have food catered/delivered. All outside food must remain within the room rented.
Can I bring in my own liquor?
No. We only allow liquor to be dispensed within the Roseville Skating Center under the following conditions:
1. Beverage alcohol can be served and consumed in the community rooms only when approved by the Director (or designee) of Parks & Recreation. Absolutely NO ALCOHOL is allowed outside the community rooms. Alcohol can be dispensed only to person’s twenty-one years of age or older that are attending the event.
2. Any caterer with a state license of a liquor license in a community that physically adjoins Roseville may be used; a copy of the legal license and dram shop insurance must be on file with the Roseville Skating Center 2-weeks prior to the event. NO EXCEPTIONS. List of adjoining communities for liquor: Arden Hills, Falcon Heights, Lauderdale, Little Canada, Maplewood, Minneapolis, New Brighton, St. Anthony, St. Paul or Shoreview.
3. All events where liquor is served, an off duty Roseville Police office must be hired and in attendance from the time the bar opens until it closes and all alcohol is either consumed or disposed. Renter will pay the hourly cost of the Police Officer. Payment will be in the form of cashier’s check, money order or cash.
Do you have a list of preferred caterers and vendors?
Yes. A list of preferred caterers can be found here; however, we do have an open caterer policy. Rental groups providing food and beverage will be allowed to use any licensed and insured caterer. Catering fees may be applied.
Will we be able to play a slideshow or video with sound on your AV equipment?
Yes. For an additional cost ($50.00) renters can have access to our A/V equipment, which include, projector, microphone, wireless mic, lapel mic and sound system. We do not offer onsite laptops- must be brought in my the renter.
Am I allowed to hire a DJ or band for my event?
Yes. A DJ or band is allowed to play music for the event as long as it is not so loud that it disturbs other events in the building.