To achieve these goals, the City Council passed an ordinance requiring rental licensing of Multi-family Rental Dwellings (MRD). Rental Licensing includes inspections of rental units and common areas. The Rental License Program assures that MRDs with 5 or more units in Roseville are safe, sanitary and well maintained throughout our community.
Beginning in 2018 the program will include a yearly inspection by the Roseville Fire Department.This will help limit inspections and keep our Multi Family rental properties safe.
The largest change for the program will be that these inspections will now be annual, but will include your annual Fire Inspection as well. Also, the “grading scale” has been eliminated and inspections will purely be a “pass/fail” evaluation.
- Which rental dwellings need licenses?
- Why do rental dwellings need to be licensed?
- When is the license fee due?
- How much are the fees?
- Will all units be inspected?
- Does the owner need to accompany the inspector?
- Who decides which units will be inspected?
- When will the inspection occur?
- How long is the license valid?
- When will the license be issued?
- When will we receive license renewal information?
- Where can I find the entire Rental License Ordinance?
- Who should I contact if I have more questions regarding rental licenses?
With these changes we strive to make this program and any inspection process as easy as possible.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. If you have questions or concerns regarding the Rental License Program please contact us at any time.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to working with you.
Online LicensingSince inspections will be annual, each year every MRD property will need to be licensed through our online process.For a step by step guide of our online Licensing process CLICK HERE. You can visit www.cityofroseville.com/epermits to create an account and begin your license process. LICENSING MUST BE DONE FOR EACH BUILDING AND BE COMPLETED BEFORE FEBRUARY 1st, 2019. Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions.
Frequently Used Documents
Below are documents needed for inspections. These documents should be presented at the inspection, or uploaded during the renewal process.
Application Check List
Workers Compensation - Compliance Certificate
Building and Common Area Inspection Checklist