Online Permits: Now Available!
The City of Roseville has launched a new online permitting system for your convenience. After creating a free user account, residents and contractors can apply for permits, pay fees online, request inspections, and get email updates of review progress and permit issuance.
Roseville's Permits and Inspections Division ensures that public safety and health standards related to building construction and land use are maintained for the general welfare of the community. This provides safety for everyone through proper construction methods and maintains neighborhood livability and property values.
Commercial permits require a minimum of 10 business days for staff review.
2019 Fee Changes:
Commercial Plumbing: $61.00 plus 1.28% of job value. Plan Review Fee - 65% of permit fee.
Residential permits which do not require a plan review can be issued online or over the counter at the time of application. Permits can be applied for:
- In person at the Community Development Department front counter
- Mailed to our office
Examples of residential permits which may not involve plan review:
- Window Replacement (with no header size change)
- Electrical - residential and commercial
- Contractor License Application
- Lead Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program
- Licensed Tree Trimming and Removal Contractors
- Residential New Construction Energy Code Compliance Certificate
- Residential Shed Information Sheet
- Permit Information Request
- Residential Electrical Permit Checklist
- Special Inspections and Testing Agreement Form
- Demolition Permit Application Process