2022 is off to a busy start for Roseville Fire. In January we responded to multiple fires both in the City and supporting our neighboring jurisdictions through our automatic-aid and closest unit agreements. In addition, we had a serious bus accident in which we assisted with extrication and treatment of injuries; thankfully most injuries were non-serious. Our call volume pace of 2021 has continued into 2022 and we are up for the task as we progress through the year.
This winter is bringing some serious stretches of cold weather. Please be mindful of using a space heater or other devices to create more warmth in your home. Do not leave an operational space heater unattended, do not warm clothes or have anything within at least three feet of the device, and do not sleep with the space heater on; turn it on prior to going to sleep to warm up the area, then shut it down before going to sleep. And it is best to plug it straight into an outlet, not a power strip. Stay safe this winter!