COVID-19 City Hall ClosureThe Building Inspections Department is temporarily closed to the public, but our team continues to work with limited staff.
View instructional PDF for how to submit online permit applications
Essential Commercial and Residential inspections are still being conducted with limited staff. Please call 651-792-7080 to request an inspection.*
*Inspectors will continue to take precautionary measures by dressing in personal protective equipment. Both inspectors and person(s) on site are expected to continue practicing social distancing.
Roseville's Permits and Inspections Division ensures that public safety and health standards related to building construction and land use are maintained for the general welfare of the community. This provides safety for everyone through proper construction methods and maintains neighborhood livability and property values.
New in 2020 for Commercial Permits
In 2020, the City of Roseville will be adopting a digital plan review process for Commercial Permits. Required to be submitted with your application will be a digital copy of your plans along with two paper plans (please see the requirement checklist below for full details). Paper plans will be phased out over the course of the year. Permits can be applied for online with digital plans attached and plans dropped off or mailed in or all required documents submitted in person.
Apply for permits online here: ePermitsFor instructions on how to use the online system, please view this PDF.
Permits can also be submitted in person at the Community Development counter at city hall or mailed in.
View building permit records here: ePermitsHover over, "Search Records," and then, "Building Records."
Electrical Permit Inspection Information
The City of Roseville contracts with Pete Tokle Electrical Inspections to perform all electrical inspections.
To schedule Electrical Inspections please visit: www.tokleinspections.com
or call Pete Tokle at 763-754-2983, Monday-Friday, 7:00-8:30 a.m.
- Contractor License Application
- Lead Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program
- Licensed Tree Trimming and Removal Contractors
- List of Ineligible Contractors (Responsible MN)
- Residential New Construction Energy Code Compliance Certificate
- Residential Shed Information Sheet
- Permit Information Request
- Residential Electrical Permit Checklist
- Special Inspections and Testing Agreement Form
- Demolition Permit Application Process
- How to Submit Online Permit Applications
- Consumer's Guide to Hiring a Residential Building Contractor