- Your Government
- Crime Prevention
- Holiday Safety
Don’t let this holiday season turn into a Grinch-like experience. Roseville Police remind you to plan carefully so you do not become a victim of crime.
- At a shopping mall or store, ask a security guard to walk you to your vehicle
- Do not carry documents with your social security number.
- Do not carry extra cash while shopping. Use checks, check cards or credit cards. If you carry cash, do not flash the amount around.
- Do not leave packages or valuables near windows where they can be seen from the street.
- Do not leave your purse, backpack or packages unattended, even for a few seconds.
- If going out of town, make your home look lived in. Put lights on timers. Have a trusted friend pick up mail and newspapers and shovel snow.
- Keep track of the receipts in case you have items stolen from your car or home. This helps police understand the value of the items taken, and the information may assist you in filing insurance claims.
- Take extra care that you do not become a victim of identity or credit card theft. Do not write your social security number on checks. Keep all credit card receipts and shred them when you no longer need them.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lit, well-traveled area.
- Remove packages from your vehicle immediately when you reach your destination.
- Thieves don’t limit their activity to the holiday season. These tips can help all year. If you see any suspicious activity, immediately call 911. It’s important that we hear from you right away to protect yourself and your neighbors.